Thursday, May 28, 2009

8 week weigh in - I stink!

I can't believe I've been on this for 8 weeks! (Don't know what I'm talking about? go here) I'm finding that the liquid fast days are so much easier to get through. For the first 6 + weeks I would get a headache, but that hasn't happened the last few times. I'm assuming that they were 'eating headaches', sort of an emotional food addiction. Long ago I read Oprah would get headaches when she didn't eat, and it all stemmed from being an emotional eater.
I also have been doing some major detoxifying. I know this because I stink. Well not all the time. But when I sweat (which can be often when it's hot...). There just seems to be more odor involved now, I'm hoping that will clear more after my last month of 1/2 hour sips, which I'm starting that now- it's for the cellular cleansing, then I'm done with the sips. So I'm sorry if you have been or will be around me after I exercise or work in the garden!
Today is 'weigh in' day, so at the end of 8 weeks I have lost 21.2 pounds!
I would love to loose about 40 more. If possible 60, but I would be happy with 40 - actually I'm happy now! I really do feel healthy and strong, no aches, no pains, and I was able to run and play kick ball without feeling awkward (I said feeling, not looking - if you happened to be a spectator of the game;-).
I had someone comment on my changes yesterday (and for those of you who have been 'cheer leading' me along with your positive comments -thank you so much!), she said, "I know you're not taking diet pills." I did own up. I'm sure the pills have helped kick me off the set point my body was at, but that doesn't mean it's been an easy road. I have still had to work very hard and dedicate myself to the program as a whole.
It's made me wonder though, why don't more people use them? Obesity is a growing (forgive the pun) problem and there are so many health issues that stem from being over weight. The pill isn't a 'miracle pill' by any means, I don't know how much I would have lost if I hadn't been doing everything else. But it sure helps out!

3 comments:

Erika said...

Way to go! 20+ pounds is great!!! I need to look at your link and see what this diet is all about. I've been trying to run/walk the treadmill and go on long walks outside with the girls but feel like I need more of a kickstart, like you said you go.

JoEllen said...

Congratulations hot mama on the weight loss!

I don't know why more people don't use diet pills. Do they think it's cheating? I think people probably do use them, but they don't put in all the hard work you really have to do to actually lose weight. Then they figure the pills don't work or help, so they stop taking them and balk at anyone who uses them. How's that for a theory?

Congrats again on the weight loss!! 20 pounds in 8 weeks is really amazing. At that rate, you'll reach your goal in no time!

Anonymous said...

umm...i think telling the world you have potent hygine problems is an issue in and of itself;)

David

David
Real cool guy!

Tawnymara

Tawnymara
Here is beauty!

Harrison

Harrison
Hunky boy!

Eve

Eve
Green eyed goddess

Aurora

Aurora
Perfect in every way

Danielle

Danielle
Princess angel girl

Enoch

Enoch
Nobody is more loved