Thursday, April 2, 2009

oooohhmmmm

This is my 'bluntly honest' blog for the month. You definitely can't say my blog only touches on the peachy things of life and makes my family look prefect, I'm not that kind of blogger, and perfections gleaned from my blog are purely coincidental:-)
I went to see a doctor, yes, that's right, I do that very rarely, not even for birthing - if I can help it. But my weight has been an issue that is creeping into other areas and making life for my family hard, just so you know - fat people are not always jolly!
The Dr I see also practices Ayurveda - it's kind of funny because I think of Sons of Provo and the part where he talks about being a Mormon Buddhist....


Anyway, my first appointment was focused on my high BP so after extensive blood work I went back in for the results yesterday. As he went down the list he kept saying, "perfect, perfect, perfect..." So now I have corroboration on my perfection (that is a joke!!). There's nothing wrong, no sugar probs, no kidney probs, no thyroid probs, nothing. That should have made me happy, but I was envisioning having one of those tumors the size of a basketball in my gut and them taking it out and putting my waist back to 30 inches. It didn't happen. He said my liver readings were slightly high, but that could be do to the fatty tissue from being over weight.

So I suggested a diet pill. I had done research and knew what I wanted, and he acquiesced! I was unsure he would, but maybe the fact that I was ready to explode from frustration convinced him. I'm also doing an all day hot sip recipe especially made for my Kapha body type. I'm also doing a cleansing by a two day a week liquid fast. I really laughed as we were leaving his office and he told me not to lose too much weight because I was beautiful! I get told I'm beautiful all the time by my husband and good friends - but I've only once in my life time had someone tell me not to lose too much weight, and that was long long ago -(it was nice to hear he thought I was beautiful thought:-). So I'm planning on some big gains, energy, vitality, and a somewhat gorgeous body - soon! I'll definitely keep you posted. By the way, if you're in Muncie and want to learn more about what this Ayurveic stuff is all about, there's a free information class about it tonight at 7:00 on Tillotson in a building across from Walgreens (I think, call or email for the exact address...).

2 comments:

JoEllen said...

I imagine it was hard for you to head to a doctor's office to look into your weight management, but good for you! Frustration can be such a good motivator. I hope this all works out for you and your amazing results are quick in coming!

TheQueen@TerrorsInTiaras said...

It sounds like you found a great doctor. I can't tell you how many times I have been declared "perfectly healthy" by someone. Hello?! Something is wrong with me if I have a headache every day! That is frustrating when everything checks out fine. You almost want it to be something, so someone can fix it. Let us know how things work out with the medicine.

David

David
Real cool guy!

Tawnymara

Tawnymara
Here is beauty!

Harrison

Harrison
Hunky boy!

Eve

Eve
Green eyed goddess

Aurora

Aurora
Perfect in every way

Danielle

Danielle
Princess angel girl

Enoch

Enoch
Nobody is more loved