Friday, July 31, 2009

Some family time in TN

We're back! We had a very fun (and expensive - van repairs...already!) time seeing family and riding horses with my mom. My sister and brother and their families let me take some fun photos! This is my sister with her husband and amazing children:

This is my brother with his wife and darling daughters:


This is mom:She works at a stable and we were blessed enough to get there on a day when nobody had riding lessons and the rain had stopped! Each kid had their own horse.
Tawny had a horse that took some 'riding', mom gave her a crop to use to try to get the horse's attention, later Danni went up to Bill and said, "Dad, I need a horse spanker too."
Danni has never ridden before, other than in the saddle with me when she was a baby. I gave her about 5 minutes of instruction and she took off and rode like she was born in the saddle. She would get off and on her horse by herself!Eve started on one horse, but she traded it in for a paint pony that she had a blast on.

Harrison traded horses with the others through out the 5 hours we were at the stables, he likes the horses that have a little more 'giddy-up' in them.

This horse is Keno - Enoch and I rode for quite a while. At first Enoch wasn't a fan, but then he fell asleep. Keno is gated, so there was a lot of rocking going on. I had to warm him up a bit at first, he had some bucks that needed released. Tawny ended up on Keno later and that was her favorite, she's mad that we didn't get pictures.Bill had his turn as well. I'm not sure how many horses he rode...Aurora always looks so 'Western' when she's on a horse.

We're now trying to figure out how we can go back for another visit soon!

5 comments:

Shauna said...

How fun! Awesome post :)

Wendy said...

Looks like you are all in heaven! I'm so glad you got to go.

Kathleen Goodrich said...

I am looking for the Bill Inman who painted a picture of the early Mormon settlement of Pueblo, Colorado. Thanks for your help.

JoEllen said...

super fun!! Everyone looks so natural...it must be genetic! Danni is too cute on her horse, what a cowgirl!

Family said...

Ho Hum..... big sigh.... I wish we could have worked it out......

David

David
Real cool guy!

Tawnymara

Tawnymara
Here is beauty!

Harrison

Harrison
Hunky boy!

Eve

Eve
Green eyed goddess

Aurora

Aurora
Perfect in every way

Danielle

Danielle
Princess angel girl

Enoch

Enoch
Nobody is more loved