Monday, July 27, 2009

Thrill rides

I haven't blogged anything but pictures for awhile. So I'm giving you a break, besides David doesn't want me to do his pics until Friday.
I am not an impulsive person by nature. I have a friend in Colorado who just does things, if she wants to go to Mexico, the next week she's in Mexico.

Last week at family counsel I felt like we should make good on a reward Eve and Harrison had earned by not eating sugar products for three months last summer. We have (miraculously) gotten a new (2001 - new to us!) mini van thanks to Bill's parents and lots of heavenly help! So with this new sense of freedom (I can now drive outside the Muncie city limits!) I suggested we take them to King's Island - that Thursday (very impulsive for me). We eventually made it there - (I got us a little lost) and had an amazing time! We did the 'Invertigo' first. I can say I did it, and will probably never do it again. I got a little queasy and a lot dizzy, it took five minutes back on land to get my vertigo back.
We ventured out to the other side of the park to ride some roller coasters - mainly 'The Beast'. Which we did twice and would have done it many more times if we didn't have to wait in such long lines to get there, but it was worth it!
We spotted the 'Drop Tower' upon entering the gates, but I have a slight fear of heights and used the excuse that we needed to do the roller coasters first. The kids got us back around, and so I did it, I plummeted 264 feet! It was FANTASTIC! We came back to it at night and did it again in the dark...wow! If you go - do it! Still on my impulsive streak I suggested we head out to Tennessee and see my family before school starts. I have to juggle some things around, but we're excited to make the trip!

2 comments:

Devri said...

Oh Love it! I love thrill rides and I love being impulsive... Glad you get to see your family! jelous!

JoEllen said...

Wow...a new car and 2 road trips! You are crazy. :)

I love that you pushed your fear of heights to a new realm. I've done a similar ride, and it is pretty awesome to drop all that way! What a rush.

David

David
Real cool guy!

Tawnymara

Tawnymara
Here is beauty!

Harrison

Harrison
Hunky boy!

Eve

Eve
Green eyed goddess

Aurora

Aurora
Perfect in every way

Danielle

Danielle
Princess angel girl

Enoch

Enoch
Nobody is more loved