Sunday, June 7, 2009

Brown County State Park


We took this beautiful painting to Nashville Indiana for a juried art show (the jurying is taking place today...pray for us!)


While we were there we decided to go for a 'little' 2.2 mile hike.


Bill's job was the camcorder, I had the camera.We choose a 'rugged' trail because we are both seasoned mountain people...
Bill started getting suspicious when we had to break our own trail at spots. I had looked at the map and had all the pertinent info locked away in my head, and the map locked away in our van.... We did suffer some injuries.... that's one of my many scratches, Bill got a bug bite, it's on his video, I didn't think it bad enough to get a pic of.Being lost didn't make the hikes any less enjoyable, in fact we really bonded closer through it.We got to see things that the 'normal' (those who know how to read and follow maps) hikers don't get to see, like groovy tree stumps...
Eire ink ponds, the picture doesn't show it because of the reflections, but that water is black! and woods probably trod by no other man or woman before!OK, maybe a few horses had been there.The wildlife was amazing, we saw a turkey family, mom, dad, and their little ones (what's a baby turkey?), butterflies were out in earnest...Thanks to Bill's amazing seance of direction we did make it out, almost 3 hours and 5 miles later!


We drove to this nice little place by Ogle Lake and ate some food. We did take a picture of ourselves, but I don't like my sweaty face!
I'm not much up on my bridge knowledge, but this is an interesting fact. This bridge going into the park is one of only 6 surviving double bridge from that era, so I made Bill stand in front of it. (then I did)

2 comments:

JoEllen said...

You're so funny. Ever the optimist. I love that you guys were able to bond while "exploring" unexplored wooded areas! Awesome pictures.

Wendy said...

Though unplanned....it looks like a near perfect day.

Bill's painting is beautiful and I hope the art how yields amazing results!

David

David
Real cool guy!

Tawnymara

Tawnymara
Here is beauty!

Harrison

Harrison
Hunky boy!

Eve

Eve
Green eyed goddess

Aurora

Aurora
Perfect in every way

Danielle

Danielle
Princess angel girl

Enoch

Enoch
Nobody is more loved