Thursday, June 4, 2009

Week 9

After 63 days of my program I am now 24.2 lbs lighter! Yeah!
I lift 25lbs of grain products all the time, I can't imagine walking around with that much extra weight on me. yikes!
It's been an 'off' week. I ate a "deadly" but very yummy piece of pie at a RS gathering. I made a rhubarb custard crisp (recipe at the end of post) for dinner Sunday, and had an extra helping. I missed one of my liquid fast days due to 'schedule conflicts'.
On the other hand, I have been out walking almost daily. I started lifting weights and I did a kick-butt kickboxing class last night.
I have noticed with my body -that is now entering into it's 5th decade of life- that certain parts rely on other parts to keep in place. My lower abdomen keeps my torso from sagging, which in turn keeps my chest in the general area it started in. Now that I'm slowly loosing fat around my middle I have been somewhat concerned about the latter body part. But that was needless worry since it to is lessening in size. I don't know why I thought I would be able to keep 'em this time since I've never been very 'ample'. Oh well. That's part of the reason I started in on the weights again. I had stayed away for awhile afraid of the muscle weight that might slow down my loss, but building up those pectoral muscles might be called for now...

(I doubled this using three stalks of amazing rhubarb from the Farmer's Market - Bill thought it was a bit too sweet, so next time I'll lessen the sugar)
CUSTARD RHUBARB CRISP

3 eggs, beaten
1/2 c. cream
1 1/2 c. sugar
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. vanilla
4 tbsp. flour
4 c. cut rhubarb
CRISP MIXTURE:
1/2 c. brown sugar
1/2 c. flour
1/2 c. oatmeal
1/2 c. butter
place rhubarb mixture in 8x8 pan. Cover with crisp mixture which has been crumbled. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
*thanks to cooks.com!

3 comments:

Shauna said...

Congrats that is awesome! I need to be better and get off some pounds!

JoEllen said...

It saddens me to lose weight from the places I'd like it to stay. The weight always disappears from that busty place first it seems!! :) I wish before you worked out you could say, "Ok, today I'd like 50% of my calorie burn to come off my middle, 20% from each thigh and the other 10% from my bottom." That would be so much better for me! :)

Keep up the good work.

kknox said...

Us "light" chested gals get jipped. I will let you know when I discover the butt-to-boob fat transplant :)

David

David
Real cool guy!

Tawnymara

Tawnymara
Here is beauty!

Harrison

Harrison
Hunky boy!

Eve

Eve
Green eyed goddess

Aurora

Aurora
Perfect in every way

Danielle

Danielle
Princess angel girl

Enoch

Enoch
Nobody is more loved