Tuesday, June 9, 2009

gardening highlights & stuff

I love love love this boy! Somehow last night he escaped from the binds of his diaper. He sleeps folded over like this. It looks uncomfy to me, but he seems to like it.



I've been wanting to compost for awhile. I had read about using pallets as walls and use bungee cords to keep it together. Bill made me this instead, I think it will do just fine.


Danni is my biggest garden helper. Rarely have I watered or weeded without her by my side. We happen to have a tree that produces some sort of blackberry looking fruit (anybody know what it is?). Danni initially wanted to make a pie from them, but when she found out how many berries she would need she decided that eating them off the tree would be just as yummy.




Aurora and Harrison fixed the bricks in my garden so I can step on them easier!

















This is of Tawny and Eve 'working'. Bill was trying to show them what to do, I think they just enjoyed watching somebody else do the work...



Harrison did work hard, he also enjoyed the power of the hose and making the girls scream and run away.





This is the drift wood that fences one side of the garden, it's very 'artsy'.










We made our own 'sour faced farming couple' picture, I think we did quite well!

The lettuce has already been feeding us, and others! I love eating from the garden!









This is already 'out of date', we now have a fence up for the tomatos and Aurora and Harrison's brick work is done now.







This is a blurry picture of how to make another kitchen counter when all the others are filled; pull out a drawer, put a cookie sheet over it, stack to the ceiling! I much rather being in the garden than being in the kitchen!



2 comments:

Mandy Vermillion said...

Love the fence!

JoEllen said...

Congrats on your awesome garden success!

I love your sour face picture. It's totally classic. :)

David

David
Real cool guy!

Tawnymara

Tawnymara
Here is beauty!

Harrison

Harrison
Hunky boy!

Eve

Eve
Green eyed goddess

Aurora

Aurora
Perfect in every way

Danielle

Danielle
Princess angel girl

Enoch

Enoch
Nobody is more loved