Friday, January 23, 2009

are you plugged in?

I have had issues with plugging ourselves into contraptions for awhile. I'm amazed that somebody walking/running/biking on the river walk would rather pump canned music into their heads rather than listen to the symphony provided by nature. I can't think of many more pleasing sounds than birds singing and the river rushing. It heightens my sense of smell, of sight, feeling the soft winds, tasting the fresh dew on the air-all my senses working together. I think we're further cutting ourselves off from humanity in general. People don't know how to give a polite greeting anymore, they barely acknowledge another's existence. Good customer service is a rarity, smiles are not attempted and heaven forbid anyone goes out of their way to make another feel important. MP3s, phones, texting, ipods, video games ~now there's some sort of watch you can get TV on! What in exchange is being put on the sacrificial alter? Some would say that blogging and Facebook would fit into that category as well. Maybe their right...my home is in serious need of help from me, but some sacrifices are worth it, aren't they?

No comments:

David

David
Real cool guy!

Tawnymara

Tawnymara
Here is beauty!

Harrison

Harrison
Hunky boy!

Eve

Eve
Green eyed goddess

Aurora

Aurora
Perfect in every way

Danielle

Danielle
Princess angel girl

Enoch

Enoch
Nobody is more loved