Sunday, January 25, 2009

how many shades of red are there?

I have put this blog off for two weeks, I had to let my pride heal a bit before I posted it. I was able to share this story freely yesterday, so I guess I'm ready to post it to the world...
I fell. There I said it, oh but there's so much more, I fell like people in comical movies fall. Head over heals rolling down the steps. I was coming from the stage area of our church, there's a little stairway with all of maybe 6 steps, somehow I miss judged the first step and there was no repairing that mistake. As I was in descent I was thinking, "Boy is this making a lot of noise" My boots were hitting the walls and it was echoing through the little space. Tawny's friend was with me, she was holding Enoch (I just shudder to think what would have happened had I been holding him...). I thought she was the only 'witness', but when I looked up from my lowly position I saw SAM A. standing at the door, "Are you OK?" I didn't care if I broke my neck in three places, I said, "I'm fine". I was fine by the way.
This particular fellow also had the sad luck to be the only person in our ward walking behind Bill and I as we were on our way to the chapel one day when I was about 6 months pregnant with Enoch. The maternity skirt I was wearing somehow slid off, yes I said off, down to my ankles, fun days! This fellow will be moving someday, I will breath a big sigh of relief, he has witnessesed too much, I do love his family though, maybe one of those mind wipe pens like on Men in Black...
Those are numbers 2 and 3 of my top five most embarrassing moments. I don't know if I'll ever share number 1, my kids were all there so I imagine it will come out eventually. 4 & 5 both happened in my younger days.
#4 - I was about 17 and had won the barrel racing at the local rodeo. I ran into the drug store to show some friends working behind the photo counter my new buckle. When I had been running my shirt slid to the side and I was half exposed, didn't even know it!
#5 - Again, a shirt issue. Again, I was barrel racing. Back then most of my western shirts were snaps up the front. When I had rounded the third barrel my shirt somehow caught on the saddle horn and pop pop pop all the way up. I was running home with my shirt flapping behind me like some sort of super hero cape.
So now that I have opened up to you (in so many ways:-), it's your turn, share an embarrassing moment and make me feel better!

4 comments:

cate said...

I can't share right now, I'm laughing too hard at yours!

TheQueen@TerrorsInTiaras said...

I'm sorry, but I am laughing so hard. Is there a worse guy to have see you do those?--he's so nice, and quiet. I feel almost as bad for him as for you, at least with the skirt one...poor guy.

When my twins were little, I was wearing a shirtdress and looked down during Sacrament Meeting to see that the girls crawling over me had undone every button down to my lap. Nice. I'm sure the bishopric members still have nightmares about that one.

Devri said...

I posted my most embarrassing one on my last MOnday post. go read it if you haven't already.


btw- My hats off to you for homeschooling your children. I may not sound like I like it, but I love it, I just couldn't do it. I am way too unorganized, and I don't think I have the patience,

chelsea is thinking about it, talk to her please.

JoEllen said...

You seem to have quite a few wardrobe malfunctions! At least you're able to laugh about it! :)

David

David
Real cool guy!

Tawnymara

Tawnymara
Here is beauty!

Harrison

Harrison
Hunky boy!

Eve

Eve
Green eyed goddess

Aurora

Aurora
Perfect in every way

Danielle

Danielle
Princess angel girl

Enoch

Enoch
Nobody is more loved