Tuesday, January 22, 2008

a little overwhelmed

Today has not been an ordinary day, I usually live for these kinds of days. They break the monotony of everyday life as a stay at home mom. It all started at 4:00 am, the alarm went off so Bill could get up and prepare for teaching seminary, he’s subbing for the week. He showered while I tried to pretend the alarm didn’t ring, then he got into his church pants and shirt, then crawled back into bed shivering. After some discussion I got up to study for the seminary class, just in case he couldn’t make it… he couldn’t make it.
After we returned from seminary I set out to heal my husband, it started simple with vitamin C and some message. It seemed every time I touched him he grew worse. I ran to the library and tried to find some movies to keep his mind off of the extreme discomfort that was enveloping him. The next stop was the health food store to pick up some eucalyptus oil and Kombucha capsules.
David made soup for dinner today, so Bill had been ‘drip fed’ soup throughout the day. It’s made me realize how needy adults can be when they are completely disabled. Enoch is one thing, he’s an infant, but being at the beck and call of an adult is a totally different ball of wax.
Bill very rarely gets sick, so when he does, he’s laid out flat! I love him, and so I love to serve him, but if I had to for the rest of his life I would defiantly get a nurse or someone to help out. I admire people who do this every day! I’m not built with that kind of charity - I’m way too selfish. What a sad realization about myself.

No comments:

David

David
Real cool guy!

Tawnymara

Tawnymara
Here is beauty!

Harrison

Harrison
Hunky boy!

Eve

Eve
Green eyed goddess

Aurora

Aurora
Perfect in every way

Danielle

Danielle
Princess angel girl

Enoch

Enoch
Nobody is more loved