Monday, January 28, 2008

How fast does hair grow?

Danni has a new ‘do’. She decided to take matters, and scissors, into her own hands and give herself a haircut. I must admit that it’s my vanity that is suffering, she could care less. She only cried about it because she saw me getting emotional. I have a hard time finding the “line”. Where do my children stop projecting us (their parents)? It’s so easy to get caught up in pride when one of them excels at something; their success somehow is a mirror of what great parents they have. And yet when there’s a hitch in their get a long the shame and/or embarrassment comes upon us just as strongly. I have decided to let go of this one. She’s three and doesn’t care that her hair is wacked! I shouldn’t care either. Maybe it’s her ease with herself that I should be focusing on, not the look of her coif.
I do know that children are so aware of what we do. Danni helps in the kitchen all the time. One of her favorite jobs is cracking eggs. I have shown her how to tap it open, put in her thumbs and pull the shell apart. That’s what I taught her…. But she sees something completely different when I’m cooking. I do the one handed crack. I don’t have time to use both hands! So what does she try to do? You guessed it! We may have a few egg shell crumbs in our food, that’s my fault, and I’m fine with that!

1 comment:

kknox said...

Thanks for the laugh! I needed that, but it is always funnier when it isn't your kid right? :) You guys are great, take care!

David

David
Real cool guy!

Tawnymara

Tawnymara
Here is beauty!

Harrison

Harrison
Hunky boy!

Eve

Eve
Green eyed goddess

Aurora

Aurora
Perfect in every way

Danielle

Danielle
Princess angel girl

Enoch

Enoch
Nobody is more loved