Sunday, September 26, 2010

seasonal reflections

Today in church someone said, "I finally know the difference between being patient and waiting impatiently for a very long time."  That struck me.  I could say that I have been patient in waiting for things for 20 years, but in reality I have been impatiently waiting for the duration of that time.  It was an epiphany to me.
We're coming back into autumn for the 42nd time of my life.  Each time seems refreshingly new.  I think I may be appreciating it more since I'm drifting into the autumn season of my life.  I love the harvest (of other gardens...we'll discuss mine some other time!) and the Farmer's market, the pumpkin and apples and squashes.  I like the heavier foods that come with autumn, the soups and breads and pies.  I like the heavier clothes, the jeans and sweaters and flannel PJ pants.  I don't like the heavier body that tends to follow along with the season.  Hmmm...
I am finishing up the hCG.  I stalled out after 2.5 weeks.  So I have to live with only 15 pounds off for this one.  Now the trick is to set point my body here so I don't grow out of the pants and sweaters with all those pies and breads.  I'll probably try a 3rd cycle in January - after the holidays when I'll be mentally ready for it again.  I am content with where I'm at right now though.  I fit into [most] of my clothes now, I can teach yoga without feeling self conscious, and I can jump rope with no difficulty. 
My job is going well.  I do find myself holding and cuddling Enoch more, I miss being mom 24/7 a bit.  I've been so blessed to have been able to do that.  I am still blessed to have found the perfect job and have a husband who does projects around the house and takes the kids to the park and play groups during the day.  He's also a great teacher for Danni.  He is an amazing man!!

No comments:

David

David
Real cool guy!

Tawnymara

Tawnymara
Here is beauty!

Harrison

Harrison
Hunky boy!

Eve

Eve
Green eyed goddess

Aurora

Aurora
Perfect in every way

Danielle

Danielle
Princess angel girl

Enoch

Enoch
Nobody is more loved