Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Shoe Horn


A shoehorn (sometimes called a shoespoon) is a tool that allows the user to put on a shoe more easily. 
Originally, shoe horns were made from animal horns and some made from bulls' horns are still available for purchase. Today plastic and metal are most often used.
Shoehorns have been used for advertising and many people collect them.

So Bill has started using a shoehorn lately.  I remember my grandfather using one and I'm having a hard time wrapping my mind around shoehorns being 'cool' for anyone under the age of 60 to use. 
I'm sure most of my shoe's backs [or the shoe's counter to be accurate with shoe terms...] would have been much happier if I had adopted the use of a shoehorn (or spoon) instead of jamming my foot in...or even untying them first could be a nice thing to do.  Instead my shoes eventually do an accordion look alike and sometimes- causes blisters on my heels. 
- But hey!  Better than looking old and uncool by using a shoe horn!  (although I think a shoehorn collection would be ultra cool.)

No comments:

David

David
Real cool guy!

Tawnymara

Tawnymara
Here is beauty!

Harrison

Harrison
Hunky boy!

Eve

Eve
Green eyed goddess

Aurora

Aurora
Perfect in every way

Danielle

Danielle
Princess angel girl

Enoch

Enoch
Nobody is more loved