Saturday, May 29, 2010

Garage sale!

We accidently stopped at a garage sale today.This couch would have been perfect for our cubby in the stairs, if it was 4 inches smaller.  We knew that, but the lady was willing to come down from $75.00 to $50.00 for it, and we do need something in our bedroom....
I felt that guilty pride one feels when right after we paid for it a lady came running up and was very upset that she missed it.  She even offered Bill $80.00 for it when we came back to pick it up, I wasn't there, I was moving the van, or else I would have taken it, it's the horse trader in me.  Would you?Tawny moved away (all the way to next door) and the girls did not drag their feet in making the room theirs.  At the same garage sale we found this vanity in perfect condition!  $25.00!  Eve bought it and loves it!  She plans on taking it with her when she moves out (she's really planning that far in advance!).

We did not get this mirror at a garage sale, I won it at a home and garden show a couple of months ago.  I had forgotten all about it, then Bill surprised me by bringing it in last week.  I was really stupid for not making a better effort to go get it, it's a really cool mirror!

2 comments:

The Byards said...

I definitely wouldn't have traded! And good for Eve for collecting furniture in advance...I think it's actually shocking to most when they first move out and realize they have no furniture. It's for sure more fun (and better on the wallet) to collect it as you go instead of buying it all at once!

JoEllen said...

I wouldn't have sold that bench either. It's too gorgeous!

Looks like you guys got some excellent finds!!

David

David
Real cool guy!

Tawnymara

Tawnymara
Here is beauty!

Harrison

Harrison
Hunky boy!

Eve

Eve
Green eyed goddess

Aurora

Aurora
Perfect in every way

Danielle

Danielle
Princess angel girl

Enoch

Enoch
Nobody is more loved