Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Stirring the embers.

Sometimes it’s necessary to stir the embers to get the flame burning a little hotter. Bill and I try to do things that will do just that. We had gone to Sybaris back in February and had such a great time we decided we wanted to make it at least a semi-annual affair.
Everything seemed to fall into place so perfectly: Bill found out he had Monday off of work, and just after that I got a facebook announcement from Sybaris offering a one day deal to reserve for a Mon, Tues, or Wed in October and get half off. So we jumped on it!
We left Monday morning (since Bill had the day off, so did David, so he stayed with the kids). We were able to go to some of our favorite shops around Indy (like half price books, goodwill, and Whole Foods) and hit the Running Company to use that gift cert I won!
We came home yesterday in time for Bill to get to work…poor guy! He went on very little sleep.
So what is it about Sybaris?
Maybe it’s the fact that I can go from a swimming pool (Majestic suite!), to the steam room, to the whirl pool Jacuzzi, to a massage chair, to a king-size bed in about 15 steps. I really think I was meant to have a pool in my bedroom! I love waking at anytime and walking into that warm water!
Maybe it’s the fact that each ‘room’ is its own little cottage. There are no shared walls. We pull up to our place and that’s it, even the windows are for show, from the room the windows are lit pictures of tropical paradises. There is complete privacy.
Maybe it’s because we get to run away for just a bit ~ I’m not worried about dinner, activities, diapers, or who’s doing what when. It’s just Bill and I and we get to focus our complete attention on each other.
Whatever it is, I’m hooked. Our next trip will be in January, I’m looking forward to it!
(Just as an FYI - This is the only time we take a picture when we're there - we had to use Bill's phone, so it's not very clear. This is the canopy of stars over the bed.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We take at least one couples only vacation a year and go for at least a week. This year we did Switzerland. Couples vacations are awesome!!

David

David
Real cool guy!

Tawnymara

Tawnymara
Here is beauty!

Harrison

Harrison
Hunky boy!

Eve

Eve
Green eyed goddess

Aurora

Aurora
Perfect in every way

Danielle

Danielle
Princess angel girl

Enoch

Enoch
Nobody is more loved