Sunday, September 20, 2009

sprouted wheat bread experiment #3 & stuff

OK - you knew I was going to keep on this experiment until I perfected sprouted wheat bread...and I will continue. I did do some things differently this time:
1st ~ I only let them barely sprout. You can't really tell in this picture because it's fuzzy, but the sprout isn't more than 1/2 the length of the kernel. It was supposed to be the length of the kernel, but because of timing I had to use them at this phase. 2nd ~I put them in the oven with the light on to dry them out. It took around 8 hours! I should have done it overnight. 3rd~ I milled the sprouts...so much easier when they are dry!
4th~I also tried rolls instead of bread. This is actually a recipe for hotdog buns, but I love them as rolls! To see the recipe go here: I used 2 C of sprouted wheat flour along with 1C of the unbleached unbromated flour, then the rest normal whole wheat.Results: The rolls were slightly flatter than normal, I'm assuming that is because of the lessened amount of gluten in the mix - the sprouting reduces the gluten. But they were very good tasting. I'm excited to try another batch of bread now - my faith is renewed!

Danni, Enoch, Clover and I walk to the park everyday now.
The weather is just perfect, and the kids love getting out. I have been doing my exercises in other ways.
Somebody got creative in the river, surprisingly nobody has ruined it yet!


Enoch loves the tube slide, he just crawls up the inside and comes back down. It's a good thing nobody else comes to the park when we're there, he takes ownership of this slide.
They could sit on the merry go round for hours! It seems like playground equipment is not meant for parents to sit back and relax while their little ones play, I have to push them on the swings and then on the merry go round!
Enoch is not sticking his tongue out at Danni out of sibling irritation. He does it quite often when he's happy! He's 2 today! It's gone way faster and smoother than I thought it would.

OK cous...you asked for before and after. I am not pleased with my 'after', it just makes me see how far I have left to go!
'Before' Feb 2009 'After' 09/20/2009














2 comments:

JoEllen said...

Oh my gosh, you kids are way too cute! I love Enoch sticking his tongue out, it's too funny.

good job on the bread! That is something I know little about - sprouted wheat bread - thanks for the lesson. :)

You after picture is gorgeous silly girl! You look like a hot mama!!

Wendy said...

Happy Birthday to Enoch....I can't believe he's two!

You are looking great! You should be proud of your hard work.

David

David
Real cool guy!

Tawnymara

Tawnymara
Here is beauty!

Harrison

Harrison
Hunky boy!

Eve

Eve
Green eyed goddess

Aurora

Aurora
Perfect in every way

Danielle

Danielle
Princess angel girl

Enoch

Enoch
Nobody is more loved