Thursday, May 14, 2009

Strand Test?!?

Yeah, right! I barely have the time to color all my hair, let alone take the time for a strand test!

I have a beautiful silver crown ...Not that kind...
this kind...

So I try to touch up the roots every 6 or so weeks. The problem is I have never used the same color twice. There are approximately 7,334,213 different shades and brands that are anywhere from auburn to red/brown. It just happens that I've used almost everyone. I just wish I could remember which ones I liked....

There are ridiculous instructions about strand tests, what doesn't make sense is they say the colorant isn't good after an hour, so wouldn't that be an entire box wasted on a strand just to see if it doesn't make your hair fall out or turn it purple? I know- ridiculous!


Also there's a little note about not using the color on eyebrows, so we don't go blind, I guess. Well, my eyebrows have a tendency to fade away, so I like to perk them up with a little color. I normally wash it off earlier, but this time I forgot, and I went a little 'out of the lines' too. So now my roots are done, but I look like Groucho Marks- sans the cigar!


4 comments:

Erika said...

You are a VERY brave woman...doing your own hair. That's one thing I'm pretty positive I'll never do on my own. I had a roommate whose hair turned purple and she spent major $ getting it fixed. Sorry about the eyebrow mishap this time...hopefully it'll fade soon.

JoEllen said...

No picture? Where's the fun in that!?

Wendy said...

I was hoping for a picture too!

Family said...

Went to the rodeo last night and your family was thought of often. hugs

David

David
Real cool guy!

Tawnymara

Tawnymara
Here is beauty!

Harrison

Harrison
Hunky boy!

Eve

Eve
Green eyed goddess

Aurora

Aurora
Perfect in every way

Danielle

Danielle
Princess angel girl

Enoch

Enoch
Nobody is more loved