Wednesday, April 29, 2009

cry baby (who's a little lighter)



OK, so this cartoon doesn't exactly apply to me...anymore, but I thought it was funny.

Do you remember my blog about my 'perfect day'? Of course you do, because you hang on my every word, right?

Anyway my family made a deal with me (way back then) that for every 10 lbs I lose I get one of those days. Well guess what! I GET ONE! I know today is not my 'weigh day', but I woke up feeling exceptionally light and couldn't help myself, and I did it, 10 lbs down, never ever ever to take up residence on my lovely earthly body again. I feel like there's promise now, hope, maybe even a swimsuit this summer...

I probably stomped 3 lbs off just yesterday. For those in book group, you can skip ahead to the * (you've already heard it...)

I was walking Clover (our dog) and when I get to a certain stretch along the river walk I let her off her leash to run a bit. She comes right back - I've never had a problem, until yesterday. She heard the siren call of geese from behind the embankment and ran full throttle to them. I chased after her after 5 minutes of yelling and whistling and crested the hill only to see her swimming around in the river trying to catch a goose. I'm not very nice when I'm mad and I may have prayed for one of those geese to peck her eye out, but don't worry, it didn't happen. Once she got ashore I called to her, she looked at me, then wheeled around and ran. I became more mad, surprisingly. I tried to follow her through the wet grass and shrubs, but lost her. By this time I was well off my usual course and walked the river walk around the Minnitrista instead. You know how it is when something happens and then all the things that have happened in your life recently that you have been really good about not getting upset about- all of a sudden weigh you down and you get that pain in the back of your throat like you're going to cry? I felt that way, and knew if I stopped walking for one second I would lose it, so I abusively beat the blacktop with my tennis shoes trying to stomp out my feelings. A couple of tears managed to escape, but it was raining, so maybe it was rain drops...

*I have instilled this stupid 'don't cry' attitude into my girls and I regret it. What's wrong with crying anyway? My girls do what I do and fight tears with anger or coldness. From now on just call me 'cry baby'!

2 comments:

JoEllen said...

Congratulations crybaby on your 10 pound loss!!

Unknown said...

You go girl!!

By the way----did you end up catching Clover or should we all put an APB out for her?

David

David
Real cool guy!

Tawnymara

Tawnymara
Here is beauty!

Harrison

Harrison
Hunky boy!

Eve

Eve
Green eyed goddess

Aurora

Aurora
Perfect in every way

Danielle

Danielle
Princess angel girl

Enoch

Enoch
Nobody is more loved