Sunday, March 15, 2009

compliment board

A couple of weeks ago Bill emailed me an article, The Compliment Board
(Christy Williams, “The Compliment Board,” Ensign, Dec. 1993, 63)


At first I was hesitant because if you've followed my blog you know how many charts and wheels we have going on to keep this family in line. But after reading it I thought it was worth a try (besides I really liked the name of the author:-).
The idea is that we write down something worthy of a compliment done by a fellow family member, or ones self if nobody was around to witness it. Then at the end of the week we gather around the board and read each compliment and applaude for the person written about. It's so fun to watch the faces of those being applauded for, it's very uplifting.
We are using the freezer door, there was no other surface large enough to hold all our family's good deeds. Now that Enoch is walking along furniture his reach tends to blur some of the lower writings, but so far nothing has been lost! We're starting our third week and I think it's a good enough idea to share!





Tawny made some of her beautiful (and tasty) french bread tonight, plus she made her homemade enchiladas, fresh made tortillas and all! I'm not feeling my best, so I played hooky from church and have slept and read a lot, it's been a nice day!

2 comments:

Wendy said...

The compliment board is a great idea. Thanks for sharing it.

Devri said...

That is a wonderful idea thanks.

David

David
Real cool guy!

Tawnymara

Tawnymara
Here is beauty!

Harrison

Harrison
Hunky boy!

Eve

Eve
Green eyed goddess

Aurora

Aurora
Perfect in every way

Danielle

Danielle
Princess angel girl

Enoch

Enoch
Nobody is more loved