Sunday, January 18, 2009

A Brand New Year

Late last night Bill and I watched "A Brand New Year". It's supposed to be for the Youth and their leaders. I guess I got lucky and saw it anyway, that's why I'm blogging about it, I want you to get lucky too. It took me a little while to get used to the LDS "HS Musical" style, but it is really well done. I'm staying home from church today - sick... I'm currently sneaking the music from the production onto their MP3 players (tee hee hee)!
It made me realize how many things I'm doing wrong, and how many I've done right. I realize that my children are amazing and their testimonies are strong. They are not as perfect as I want them to be, but then when I fall so short of that mark, how can I expect it of them?
Listening to the words of the leaders of the LDS youth I realized another thing... I realized that I'm not shooting for my children to be wealthy business people, have their Doctorates and upper class houses, or even for them to have callings of leadership in the church. I'm shooting for my boys to grow up and as a man receive a call at 11:30pm about one of their home teaching families needing a blessing - 'A'- they will be close enough to those families to get that call and 'B'- they will be worthy to give those blessings. I want my daughters to be the first to volunteer to take a meal to a family in need, and for both to be good husbands and wives, fathers and mothers. I know education is important, and they will do fine in that area. But I've never learned of an uneducated man being kept from our Father in Heaven, but the hard hearted who are not willing to learn. I've never learned of a poor man being kept from the portals of heaven, but the prideful. I've said this before, but we in this church are so different from the parents of those who are not in the church because we are striving to get our children into the temple. I am grateful for the support of all those who love my kids, leaders and friends! I also love the For Strength of the Youth packet.

No comments:

David

David
Real cool guy!

Tawnymara

Tawnymara
Here is beauty!

Harrison

Harrison
Hunky boy!

Eve

Eve
Green eyed goddess

Aurora

Aurora
Perfect in every way

Danielle

Danielle
Princess angel girl

Enoch

Enoch
Nobody is more loved