Monday, December 1, 2008

week 4


Well I didn't do to hot over week 3 ~ 1.8 lbs heavier than I started out last Monday! Grrr, darn that Thanksgiving meal, and the day after Thanksgiving meal! On top of that I hurt my hammy (hamstring for those of you who are 'non-lifters') Our ward has a Turkey Bowl Thanksgiving morning. Since I had most of my cooking done I decided to go play. I was a bit miffed when we pulled up to the field and noticed that the average age of the 20 males was about 21, definitely nobody over 25! We donned our groovy little net tops and joined in anyway. After a few plays I turned around to find the football sailing towards me! Thank heavens I can catch, and thank heavens I did catch it. I was able to 'block' (two hand touch) my share of runners and catchers, and all in all I was surprisingly having fun! Then our team ended up just 3 yards from goal and some young man poked me in the back and said, "It's coming to you". I was mostly uncovered because I was the only girl (aka -old woman) and even though I had proven my ability, I still wasn't taken very seriously, my team was going to use that to our advantage. So upon the 'HUT!' I ran into the end zone and turned for my touch down pass and slid into the splits. Now the ground was basically ice with a coat of frost on top, somehow my feet were facing opposite directions and once gravity kicked in my momentum downward could not be stopped, no matter how hard I tried. I felt pops along the back of my left thigh as I landed a 10 point gymnastic split right there in the end zone. And I didn't even get the ball:-( I limped to the car, drove home, iced my but and leg for an hour and have been walking it off ever since. I barely limp anymore, not bad for an old woman! So why didn't we have any of the next generation out there playing?? We have many young married, young parent men (and women) in our church, where were they?? Not to mention the older generation to which Bill and I are proud members. Next year, 9:00 am - Turkey Bowl - meet me there!

2 comments:

JoEllen said...

you go girl!

peter said...

I never heard about a turkey bowl, I'd have been all over that. (Kristy)

David

David
Real cool guy!

Tawnymara

Tawnymara
Here is beauty!

Harrison

Harrison
Hunky boy!

Eve

Eve
Green eyed goddess

Aurora

Aurora
Perfect in every way

Danielle

Danielle
Princess angel girl

Enoch

Enoch
Nobody is more loved