Saturday, November 29, 2008

Black (& blue) Friday

This morning while at the gym trying to work off a little of the 50lbs of food I have eaten over the last couple of days I over heard a gentleman telling Bill about incidences in Toys R Us and Walmart involving stampedes and death, I didn't believe it, I had to look it up- it's true! How absurd! It makes me physically ill to think that getting a better price on some item is worth stepping on another human being, and killing them! I'm just so stupefied by this.
People feel sorry for us because we're not doing Christmas. I must re-phrase that, we're not doing a Christmas with gifts. Sure the kids will get things from Grandparents and such, but not from Bill or I (or Santa). We still do Christmas with decorations, music, caroling with our bread, and most importantly, family. We celebrate the birth of our Savior, and love the more charitable spirit that seems to permeate most people (unless it's black Friday and they're stampeding into Walmart...). So did anybody go out on Black Friday? Any good stories?

2 comments:

JoEllen said...

Um...I too was astounded to hear about the stampeeding!! And then to have it result in a death!? Oh my gosh! I also heard tale of a pregnant woman being seriously injured. Gesh!

I did not go out on black friday. It's not worth it to me. We try and spread the Christmas budget out through the better part of the year, so by now, we're pretty much done. No reason to go out... :)

PS I went walking today and thought of you. I haven't walked with the stroller for a while, and man, it sure does give some resistence! Or maybe it's the 30 pound kid I'm pushing. :)

Lindsay said...

I've never shopped there, but the Walmart where that happened is the one closest to where I live, so it hit close to home -- literally. Sad story. We stayed in on Friday...raked leaves with the cousins, watched movies, played games, and ate delicious desserts. My kind of Black Friday. :)

David

David
Real cool guy!

Tawnymara

Tawnymara
Here is beauty!

Harrison

Harrison
Hunky boy!

Eve

Eve
Green eyed goddess

Aurora

Aurora
Perfect in every way

Danielle

Danielle
Princess angel girl

Enoch

Enoch
Nobody is more loved