Saturday, October 18, 2008

call the waaaambulance

I have been teaching a small aerobics class 2 days a week for a few weeks now. There's an interesting phenomenon that happens when I exercises, I get hungry(er). It's fall, so that means the weather is cooling down, making it bearable to whip up all sorts of yummy things in the kitchen, which I must sample before I eat. I have thus stayed away from the scale - what I didn't know wouldn't hurt me... right? That is until last night, I've gained 6 lbs -ridiculous!! Part of the rituals of the autumn season is also breaking out the wardrobe, jeans, sweaters, coats, etc. As I slipped on jeans I had not slipped on for a season I realized my waist was not the svelte six pack needed not to produce that groovy muffin top that seems to be so in style right now, but like the skinny jeans and flip up collar, I don't want to follow all fads. I am still nursing Enoch and my body forgot to read that interesting literature about weight just melting off while nursing, in fact it read something about holding onto each precious ounce of fat in case we revert back to cave man days and I have to live off my fat stores for a winter. It's so interesting the way people see me. I don't look like an aerobics instructor, I don't look like a fast walker, but under all this insulation is a very fit and strong body (not to mention - very sexy!). It's the inner me trying to fight her way through the Reese's, donuts, ice cream, and an occasional cherry turn over (with icing). So now I long for elastic waist bands and over sized sweat shirts and a large mug of hot chocolate (with marshmallows) to help me feel better.

4 comments:

Devri said...

you still nursing? wow, good mamma, I always nurse till about a year, but hate to say this, I want to be done, and he is only 6 months old. And wont take a bottle

Kristin said...

Me too!! :}

TheQueen@TerrorsInTiaras said...

It's the aerobics. You've gained muscle weight, I'm sure!

JoEllen said...

How about a hot cider, with caramel and whipped topping? With an apple donut!? I LOVE fall!!

David

David
Real cool guy!

Tawnymara

Tawnymara
Here is beauty!

Harrison

Harrison
Hunky boy!

Eve

Eve
Green eyed goddess

Aurora

Aurora
Perfect in every way

Danielle

Danielle
Princess angel girl

Enoch

Enoch
Nobody is more loved