Sunday, August 3, 2008

P.I.E. Sunday

P.I.E. Sunday started about 5 years ago. Every Fast Sunday (the first Sunday of the month) we call 'Pie Sunday'. Bill takes each child and gives them a priesthood interview. He starts with a prayer then he asks each child how they're doing. He keeps notes and refers to them from month to month to see how they're doing on any goals they might have. If I have an issue that I don't want to deal with, I'll have Bill take care of it in the interview. It's very liberating for me to allow Bill to shoulder that. These interviews last anywhere from 20 minutes (Danni) and they have gone for two hours (some of the older kids). These are not drawn out by Bill, but rather the kids enjoying this one on one time with dad and having him all to themselves. While these interviews are going on I make a pie, or some sort of dessert, today we had chocolate chip cheesecake that I made yesterday so it could be chilled properly!
Of course by the time eating time comes around everyone is famished and ready to dig in! This is the special day of the month where we eat dessert before dinner!
OK, we actually do use forks and plates...but barely!
Fun little change in the cheesecake crust - I baked chocolate chip cookies and under cooked them by a minurte or two, then used them for the crust...yummy!

5 comments:

TheQueen@TerrorsInTiaras said...

Yum! We had apple crisp today for our PIE Sunday. It was good, but that looks better!

Wendy said...

looks delicious!

Devri said...

Delish' nuttin' I am soo impressed with your fast sunday meetings, do you mind if we copy you, ps, I missed you at the funeral...

JoEllen said...

I love the idea of using cookies for the crust...yummy!

Ane said...

What a wonderful idea! My husband does have interviews with the kids from time to time and they love it. It is such a special bonding time for them! I think I will have to add in the pie part! I am lovin' your blog! Adding you to my list!

David

David
Real cool guy!

Tawnymara

Tawnymara
Here is beauty!

Harrison

Harrison
Hunky boy!

Eve

Eve
Green eyed goddess

Aurora

Aurora
Perfect in every way

Danielle

Danielle
Princess angel girl

Enoch

Enoch
Nobody is more loved