Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Food of Angels!

I have to admit, angel food cake has always scared me, I don't know why. (not in a "ahhh there's angel food cake in the store" scare, but trying to make scare).
But one day I wanted some, so I searched the ever helpful Internet for a recipe, and found a delightful brown sugar recipe I thought I could manage.
The fresh strawberries and real heavy whip cream with a dash of hazelnut syrup top it off just right, although I still could eat it all without any extras!


10 egg whites and 2 tsp vanilla - whip till frothy
add 1 1/2 tsp cream of tartar 1 tsp salt - beat till soft peaks form
sprinkle 1 C brown sugar (it says sifted, I ran it through the Vita mix ((blender)). - beat till stiff peaks form.
Add 1 more C brown sugar & 1 1/4 C flour, fold in, scrape into tube pan, bake 45 - 50 min @ 350.



Of course Enoch can't have any, as angelic as he is, so he gets sweet potatoes instead!



Today is Tawny's last day of school - hurrah!
David found out things ARE bigger in Texas, like mosquitoes and fire ants. He also found out that cockroaches like Extended Stay hotel rooms. He's sticking with it, and is my hero!





3 comments:

Kristin said...

I love homemade angel food cake. It is so much better than store bought...If only we could get some decent strawberries around here! Yours look good -yum.

Devri said...

Why do you have to be the best at everything, Whatev.... you boy is soo delish... and please everytime I try to comment on your family blog it says I don't have rights..

Please, please can I have rights, I promise not to be too annoying, ok I can't promise that, but please let me "fit in"..:}

Family said...

I might not be able to get out there to see scott before he leaves. How can I get in touch with him?

David

David
Real cool guy!

Tawnymara

Tawnymara
Here is beauty!

Harrison

Harrison
Hunky boy!

Eve

Eve
Green eyed goddess

Aurora

Aurora
Perfect in every way

Danielle

Danielle
Princess angel girl

Enoch

Enoch
Nobody is more loved