Monday, October 25, 2010

Skating...kinda'

Last Wednesday the kids brought home some pumpkins they decorated at Mutual.  They have been weathered a bit, I thought I had better snag a picture before they completely fall apart!


 East Washington Academy had a skate party at the local arena.  So we thought it might be fun to take the fam down for Family Night.  We used the sports setting on the camera, so allot of the pictures are grainy, but until I can get my $5000.00 camera, this will have to do!
 This was Danni's first time and she rode the wall most of the night, I was proud of her though, she kept at it and is eager to go back - even after a pile up with Harrison.
 This very pretty young lady is Mrs. Kerr.  She is the kindergarten teacher for the class I sign in .  She's a self proclaimed 'rink rat' and can really tear up the 'stage'!  She's teaching her daughter ...the future 'rink rat'!  I really need to find something I can best her in so I don't always feel so inferior around her....I think I need to get her on a horse and into my kind of arena!
 OK- so it's very blurry, you'll have to take my word for it, Harrison held my hand for a couples song (Bill had Danni).  I'm publishing it...proof I can still hold hands with my older kids.
 This next picture is as close to skating as Enoch got. The excitement and noise of the rink was way too much for him.  We just took turns holding him.  By the end of the night he was more relaxed, maybe next time we can get the skates on his feet...


 Harrison, Eve, and Aurora holding hands...another anomaly.

We came home to find brownies on the porch.  Yum!  After listening to our phone messages (later) we learned that they were for Aurora for raking a friend's leaves.  I'm glad for (A) not listening to messages until after we partake, & (B) kids who like to serve others!

No comments:

David

David
Real cool guy!

Tawnymara

Tawnymara
Here is beauty!

Harrison

Harrison
Hunky boy!

Eve

Eve
Green eyed goddess

Aurora

Aurora
Perfect in every way

Danielle

Danielle
Princess angel girl

Enoch

Enoch
Nobody is more loved