Monday, December 14, 2009

My Christmas Tree fell down

It did! Bill had to move the couch out to spray some insulation into our wall so when the wind blows and I'm sitting on the living room floor with Enoch we don't have to wear snow parkas.
When I scooted the couch back - after vacuuming and finding half dozen lost toys - I guess the couch had been against the tree because it went 'timber' right in the living room. It's fake, and it's fairly small, so I just picked it up and put it in the corner, it wouldn't stand up straight anymore. There are a couple of reasons, first being that it's sitting in the corner, therefor the 550 lbs of ornaments are on one side. Secondly for some strange reason when the tree was taken apart last year one of the legs didn't make it into the box...so we had to borrow another leg from a different tree, and it's not quite the same size, making it a bit precarious. After I slammed the tree into the corner and put the ornaments that fell into a box, I just stood looking at it.
I felt like it looked, off balance and a mess. I didn't care, I left it like that.
Yesterday I noticed someone had put the poor thing straight and the ornaments are back. I guess I'm feeling more upright now too. I really have a love/hate relationship with this time of year, silly- I don't know why. Maybe it's because my grandmother passed away at this time (on the 20th) - that was 9 years ago. Maybe it's because I always overspend and then feel guilty. Maybe it's because I'm a selfish whiny baby brat....yeah I think that's it!

3 comments:

TheQueen@TerrorsInTiaras said...

My sister pulled our tree down on her when she was 18 months, and then she was terrified of it when we turned the lights on for the rest of the season. It was so funny...but sad.

TheQueen@TerrorsInTiaras said...

Okay, I have tried forever to figure out how to put those reactions down at the bottom of my posts, but I can't figure it out. I only want one and I want it to say "A Royal Treat" How in the world did you do that?! Email me your smartness about it if you will!

TheQueen@TerrorsInTiaras said...

I forgot to say you don't need to post that last comment. Or this one. I'm such a dope.

David

David
Real cool guy!

Tawnymara

Tawnymara
Here is beauty!

Harrison

Harrison
Hunky boy!

Eve

Eve
Green eyed goddess

Aurora

Aurora
Perfect in every way

Danielle

Danielle
Princess angel girl

Enoch

Enoch
Nobody is more loved