Thursday, November 19, 2009

Celebrate good times!

A few mornings ago our family finished reading the Book of Mormon together. We read it through about once a year. (Just as a side note: we also love reading and learning about Bible stories, but there are certain promises associated with reading the Book of Mormon daily that we want to partake in !)
So as soon as we closed the book the kids all asked, "When is our party?" Tradition in our home is to have a party to celebrate each time we read it through. It just happened that the kids didn't have mutual on Wednesday, they had a special thing on Tuesday instead. So we were able to have the party then. I made yummy food all day, and Tawny made bon bons and Harrison made his cheese sticks. Bill and I went to the game store in the mall that only opens around Christmas and picked out a new game. We choose ...We would have to answer questions like: Would you rather eat a bucket of old bacon grease or a cup of drool from a bulldog.
We had so much fun we played it twice! We got to know some interesting things about each other, especially our teammates! It says ages 7 and up, but Danni was fine as long as she was teamed with someone who could read (which includes every other person playing...Enoch just walked around eating from our plates...). Teams aren't necessary, two people could play and still have a blast.
It was one of those 'tender mercy' nights. Everyone got along, there was so much laughter, and all the kids chipped in in preparing and cleaning up after. It will be a memory that will bring a smile to my face when I'm 97 years old and alone sitting in the west wing of David's mansion awaiting visits from my children, grand children, and great grand children - oh Bill will still be alive, but he'll be on the slopes downhill skiing....)
I ate too much! So when I weight myself for my weekly weigh in I was prepared for the worst. It wasn't the worst, I didn't go back over 200, but I didn't lose anything either. I have been pushing weight lifting pretty hard lately, and I have seen the results! So I'm not stressing the weight loss either, I know how the muscle vs fat works out.

4 comments:

JoEllen said...

That sounds like a great tradition.

That game sounds awesome! I'll have to look for it.

Congrats on not gaining any weight. Good job! :)

TheQueen@TerrorsInTiaras said...

That is a very fun tradition!

We have Would You Rather, and it is great. We learn the funniest things about our girls each time we play.

Family said...

We must have good blood lines! Awesome job guys!

Erika said...

What a fun night! Those are my sort of family gatherings. Sounds like a fun game...we'll have to try it sometime.

David

David
Real cool guy!

Tawnymara

Tawnymara
Here is beauty!

Harrison

Harrison
Hunky boy!

Eve

Eve
Green eyed goddess

Aurora

Aurora
Perfect in every way

Danielle

Danielle
Princess angel girl

Enoch

Enoch
Nobody is more loved