Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Getting 'INKED'

There has been a lot of discussion about tattoos lately. I'm not sure why, maybe the Halloween season brings out more people who want to get inked.

I heard a discussion on on talk radio today about it. One man said something like; tattoos are a permanent sign of a temporary desire. I liked that, and can attest to it...

In my youth I decided to get 'inked' - just a little. I have a permanent reminder of my stupidity - few have see 'him'...I mean 'it'.... oh it's 'him'. He's a little rabbit and resides on my right hip. He just recently became one again, poor guy got decapitated when I first got pregnant and it's been touch and go ever since.

I think there's something addictive about tattoos, I think that's why many can't stop until their whole body is covered. I would have gone back for more later if I hadn't found out what my church's beliefs are on them:

Latter-day prophets strongly discourage the tattooing of the body. Those who disregard this counsel show a lack of respect for themselves and for God. The Apostle Paul taught of the significance of our bodies and the danger of purposefully defiling them: "Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you? If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are" (1 Corinthians 3:16–17).

I named my little rabbit 'Thumper', and I don't show him to many people, especially now. I actually don't notice him anymore. Which is weird because for some reason last night he stood out to me. He's kind of blurred, like print on a page looked at without glasses by someone who needs glasses.

What's sad is that with all this in mind, there are still times when I think, "Oh that would be so fun to have!"

1 comment:

Devri said...

lol funto have when you are old and wrinkly! lol lol have a great day girl!

David

David
Real cool guy!

Tawnymara

Tawnymara
Here is beauty!

Harrison

Harrison
Hunky boy!

Eve

Eve
Green eyed goddess

Aurora

Aurora
Perfect in every way

Danielle

Danielle
Princess angel girl

Enoch

Enoch
Nobody is more loved