Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Q: What's mostly red and dumb all over?

A: Me!


And take out the dumb ... my poor kids!


Now most know of my feelings about products in general that are for the face, body and hair. If not, here's a smidgen of a past blog,


"I did -on the other hand- NOT mention that sunblock is actually bad for them to apply, especially as liberally as she was suggesting. I didn't tell her how it also blocks Vit D from entering into the body, I didn't say that slathering all those chemicals over the largest and most porous organ (skin) may be what's causing many of the skin ailments and cancers today."



So, after an amazingly fun day at Turtle Beach my little clan of gals are suffering. Harrison just gets dark...causing my girls even more suffering....

So if I'm not going to use sunblock, then I must use wisdom.

* If we go to the beach once or twice a year then spending 5 hours in water and sun will probably do some damage.

*Maybe using sun block once or twice a year would be better than roasting my children's skin.


* We could cover up. (nothing like getting into a swimsuit to see how far I have to go with my program!) I did keep Enoch covered as much as possible. He would toss his hat into the water every now and then. A friend gave me her sunblock to put on his face.Poor Danni though...she spent most of her time with her back exposed, she was in pain last night! (Bad mom! bad mom! bad mom!) She has a play group today, but it's outside in sprinklers and a kiddie pool... I don't think she will make it.Aurora and her bff, I just loved this pic!
You can see Enoch's arms got a little red, he also has a line on the back of his neck.
We were able to smile despite our burns, thanks to Wendy and her Peanut butter cup cheesecake recipe! Yum!

2 comments:

Wendy said...

Ouch! I hope the sunburns heal quickly for all of you!

JoEllen said...

Sunburn sucks.

Cheesecake is awesome!

David

David
Real cool guy!

Tawnymara

Tawnymara
Here is beauty!

Harrison

Harrison
Hunky boy!

Eve

Eve
Green eyed goddess

Aurora

Aurora
Perfect in every way

Danielle

Danielle
Princess angel girl

Enoch

Enoch
Nobody is more loved