Thursday, July 9, 2009

vacation

It seems 90% of my friends who reside in Muncie are either just coming back from, on, or going to go on vacation to tropical paradises such as San Antonio, Las Vegas, and St. George.
I also am on vacation -
OK, so I'm still in Muncie, still in my home....
But I've been 3 months at my weight loss regime and I'm afraid I have gotten a bit lazy these past few days. My dinner last night consisted of a fresh green salad (OK- It's free from my garden and I justify everything else by eating it!), a chocolate bar, and 4 or 5 chocolate raspberry sticks. I also spent 3 hours on the hammock reading Jane Austin's "Northanger Abby". (I feel to celebrate here just a bit, I have finally read a book for the upcoming book group!) Bill is 'vacationing' at girl's camp and I tend to be overindulgent when he is away.
Today has not been much better, besides the salad, I really have eaten little of nutritional value. I rocked in the hammock another few hours riveted to "Year of Wonders", a book a friend gave me as a gift when she moved away. I shall be at it all night, since my bedchamber will be emptier than usual.
I did do some things of worth...
This morning I did my 5 miler (yesterday I had to do 3). Last week I decided to 'try out' my new body (and new shoes) by sprinting a few times throughout my walk. To the casual observer it may have looked like a casual jog, but trust me, it was as fast as I could lift one heavily muscled leg and put it in front of the other! I should be given double points because Clover (the dog) is not a sprinter and I pulled her 30 pounds behind me much like a newly wed's car decked out with tin cans bouncing behind it. I did feel the effects of some of the jarring the next day, but a good yoga session straightened me back up.
So today I made another attempt at some sprints. That should take care of a couple of raspberry sticks.... And I finished pruning, feeding and watering my tomatoes, another stick... And I did my very best in my yoga class tonight, that should take care of the slice of Papa Murphy's pizza and Tawny's homemade chocolate moose, or a few bites of it anyway.
All that being said I did knock off around a pound and a half this week at my official weigh in this morning.
Hey - how many people can say they loose weight on vacation?

1 comment:

JoEllen said...

You're amazing! I would love to eat chocolate raspberries and pizza and still lose weight. Your metabolism must be rockin'!

David

David
Real cool guy!

Tawnymara

Tawnymara
Here is beauty!

Harrison

Harrison
Hunky boy!

Eve

Eve
Green eyed goddess

Aurora

Aurora
Perfect in every way

Danielle

Danielle
Princess angel girl

Enoch

Enoch
Nobody is more loved