Tuesday, April 7, 2009

up on the housetop







A month or so ago we had some pretty good winds that did a number on our roof. With determination the boys scaled the house, dodged snow flakes, and started laying shingles. Their progress has been slow, the learning curve that comes with any weekend warrior's adventures. A job that was supposed to be for today looks like it will be for tomorrow and the next day, and maybe even the next day as well. David and Harrison played hooky from school for today, I'm not sure what Bill will do for help on the next few days...I would offer, but I've already fallen through one roof in my lifetime.
I was able to make the jaunt down to Indy with a sweet young woman from our church to work at the bishop's storehouse. I love doing this! I tend to be a little competitive and race other people there. I stop at running over people with my cart or beaming them on the head with chili beans, even though I might really want to:-)

2 comments:

JoEllen said...

I've roofed a house or two in my day. When we were kids we did my Grandmother's house (took the old shingles off and striped all the old tar paper etc) and we did a couple of my dad's co-workers houses. It is busy work! Good job Inman clan!

Devri said...

can we say Scary!

David

David
Real cool guy!

Tawnymara

Tawnymara
Here is beauty!

Harrison

Harrison
Hunky boy!

Eve

Eve
Green eyed goddess

Aurora

Aurora
Perfect in every way

Danielle

Danielle
Princess angel girl

Enoch

Enoch
Nobody is more loved