Saturday, April 11, 2009

Easter preparations

Every year about this time I realize something very poignant about myself..I hate to sew. I don't remember that until I have sat down at the machine and try to decide what step I can skip. I did finish this Easter dress for Danni. I unabashedly placed ribbon, buttons, and flowers everywhere I didn't like. I also was bored with the material, so I cut up some old curtains and sewed them in. As long as none of those skinny young moms look too closely I think it should make it through the day... On one of the two channels we currently get with our new digital receiver that the government made us get I saw a cooking show and the guy made these adorable chocolate cups. They looked so easy, so I'm going to share them with you (and tell you all the ways they were NOT easy!)Step 1 - melt chocolate in a double broiler or a bowl on top of boiling water. (Let that chocolate cool just a tad before you pop every balloon because you were a little slow that the heat was the reason they kept popping...)

Step 2- Blow up a water balloon (don't wash it first) and swish it through the melt but slightly cool chocolate. (make sure it's a good coating otherwise they'll just crumble when you pick out the balloon and you'll want to cry and scream).
Step 3- Place in fridge too cool.
Step 4- (this is the fun part) pop the balloon - now on the show his balloon shriveled right out of the shell, I had to work a little to peel it free and that's not fair:-(

Step 5- The yummy part! Put some mousse, or some fresh fruit and creme or what ever your heart desires into the tasty eatable dessert bowls

Have a very blessed Easter!

3 comments:

JoEllen said...

Wow. I'm super impressed with your chocolate bowls. I'll have to give it a try (keeping your pointers in mind of course.)

Mandy said...

those look great. i will have to try them. I am sorry i missed danni's dress, i am not one of those skinny young mom, but i am sure it passed the test. well, i am sure it didn't fall off her at least.

Wendy said...

What a good Mom you are to make Danni a cute dress despite hating to sew. She was so proud of her dress Sunday...it was cute.

David

David
Real cool guy!

Tawnymara

Tawnymara
Here is beauty!

Harrison

Harrison
Hunky boy!

Eve

Eve
Green eyed goddess

Aurora

Aurora
Perfect in every way

Danielle

Danielle
Princess angel girl

Enoch

Enoch
Nobody is more loved