Thursday, February 12, 2009

i need a title....

The elements sent a challenge on their rain battered currents
urging me to come out and attempt a contest of wills -
the egging would not stop
so I accepted the taunt.
My stride was equal to the heavy drops -
quick and powerful.
Chin up, letting the rain purge my soul in rivulets down my body.
Toe catching sprays from puddles with nowhere to go.
Once in awhile a step would land in an excited river-
new to the pavement and cigarette butts-
acting like it has a purpose in a fast flow,
Not knowing its end will be engulfed into a real river.
Oh the pomposity of water!
I made my destination conqueror - the rain fled
I walked home in sun.


3 comments:

Devri said...

lovely!

Clap clap!!!

Wendy said...

I'm thinking....but no great titles have come to mind.

Wendy said...

I forgot to add...nice poem.

David

David
Real cool guy!

Tawnymara

Tawnymara
Here is beauty!

Harrison

Harrison
Hunky boy!

Eve

Eve
Green eyed goddess

Aurora

Aurora
Perfect in every way

Danielle

Danielle
Princess angel girl

Enoch

Enoch
Nobody is more loved