Sunday, February 22, 2009

funeral thoughts

Yesterday Bill and I attended a funeral for a very sweet man in our ward. Afterwards Bill and I went to lunch. We both felt very down, and I know, "duh Kristie, it was a funeral!". But we decided that we want to be a little different.
It's going to be sad enough when we die, I know all of you will just be beside yourself! At first I wanted to have a funeral, and I knew who I wanted flown in and who locally to speak, people who are amazed by me, almost worship me (har har), people I know love me for who I am! There aren't that many, but those I choose would be very convincing that even those that thought they knew me would think I was amazing! But then Bill reminded me of a movie I guess I saw that had some monkeys or something in it, and at the end they let the person's ashes blow away with rose petals, I guess I commented on it saying I wanted my end like that. I obviously didn't remember, but it sounded nice, so I think I'll have anyone interested hike to the top of a mountain (we'll have to head to Colorado:-) and say goodbye to me as I float away on the wind. At one time I thought our church was against cremation, but I have heard otherwise since then and think that's what I want.
Bill wants me to take the kids and his family to Disney Land. He wants people to have fun and remember him with joy. He also wants to be cremated, I thought it might be fun to let his ashes go on the top of a roller coaster, but those sitting behind us probably won't appreciate it... Now Bill plans on living at least 8 more decades, so by then taking 7 kids, 25 grand kids, 168 great grand kids, 543 great great grand kids, and 1 great great great grand kid might get a bit pricey, so this is our ten year plan, in ten more years we'll re-evaluate it.

1 comment:

JoEllen said...

Sal also wishes to be cremated so that he can feel what it's like to have his body whirled back together when he is resurrected. He doesn't want a ceremony or anything, just something quiet. I am undecided. I like the idea of having fun and going to Disney Land. Maybe I'll in corporate that into my plan. :)

David

David
Real cool guy!

Tawnymara

Tawnymara
Here is beauty!

Harrison

Harrison
Hunky boy!

Eve

Eve
Green eyed goddess

Aurora

Aurora
Perfect in every way

Danielle

Danielle
Princess angel girl

Enoch

Enoch
Nobody is more loved