Monday, February 23, 2009

donuts!

They don't look that great, but they really did taste good. Part of my problem was that I didn't have a real donut cutter, I had to make do with two different sized lids. The recipe calls for mashed potatoes! In fact there's twice the mashed potatoes as sugar, it's easy and fun and very yummy! These were our family night treats. Check out the recipe here: http://www.secretdonutrecipe.com/
Like Quiznos? Go here for a free sub! http://www.millionsubs.com/Reg.php?x=1


I'm using Preach My Gospel in my personal scripture study. This morning the assignment was to write a newspaper type article explaining the message of the restoration, so I'm going to do that here:
Over 2000 years ago the Savior walked the earth teaching and ministering to the people he was with. He organized his apostles and that gave a structure to allow the gospel to continue on after the crucifixion of our Savior. This organization was vital to Christendom. Prophets have been called throughout the ages to warn and guide God's children. It is the same today.
On April 6th, 1830 the Church of Jesus Christ was restored in these latter days. The church was to be called The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, and it was organized after the pattern of the Savior's church in days of old, with a prophet- Joseph Smith, and apostles.
The fullness of the Gospel is available through the scriptures, the Bible and the Book of Mormon, both testifying of the life of Christ and His teachings. We also have continued teaching through a modern day prophet, Thomas S. Monson. This is proof that God loves his children in all dispensations.
I know that I am a child of God, and that he loves me personally. I know that because of this restored goepel I can be with my amazing husband and wonderful children forever, not until death to part. I know that the power of God is given to man through the Priesthood and I am grateful to have access to that power any time I need it. I know this is the true church, the Spirit has witnessed it to me repeatedly, and I am glad. I testify of these things in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

2 comments:

JoEllen said...

As kids we made donuts every once in a while. It was always quite a treat. I'll have to try this recipe with the mashed potatoes though, that is new to me!

Way to be accountable for your new goals.

JoEllen said...

I had to return and report. We (meaning me and Little Sal) made donuts today. Sometimes following the footsteps of a friend can be truly delicious! They turned out great. Ours didn't stay round very well, so we made donut holes instead. And a huge mess. That eventually got cleaned up. Thanks for the recipe!

David

David
Real cool guy!

Tawnymara

Tawnymara
Here is beauty!

Harrison

Harrison
Hunky boy!

Eve

Eve
Green eyed goddess

Aurora

Aurora
Perfect in every way

Danielle

Danielle
Princess angel girl

Enoch

Enoch
Nobody is more loved