Sunday, February 8, 2009

adDiCtIOns

Hi - I'm Kristie and I suffer from addictions.
There. I feel better now that it is out.
Thank heavens my religious standards keep me from things that are illegal/really dangerous/or stinky.
At first I thought it was just a food issue. I've been doing a lot of research in this area and see how easily it is to feed the face for reasons other than hunger. I have many many reasons I use to eat, and only one is hunger.
My weight gain and tiredness has propelled me into a depression of sorts, a depression that some close friends have called me on, and I haven't been completely honest about. I think that was because I didn't want to admit to myself that it was possible, I abhor weaknesses in myself and I really thought I would pop out of this on my own.
I was wrong. I went to my husband for a priesthood blessing today, I'm ready to change.
I found that my addictions go beyond food. The computer is my master. Not too long ago another blogger/friend mentioned that she was going to do her scripture study before she turned on her computer, I'm going to follow her lead. I'm also limiting my time to 1/2 hour morning and 1/2 hour at night to do my blogging, emailing, face booking, etc...
I also love the ease of watching TV shows on the comp. Since we get all of 2 PBS channels on our TV, the variety offered online is a smorgus board! So I am limiting my show viewing to one a day (I know, that's still 6 shows...sad.) Monday: Legend of the Seeker, Tuesday: Monk, Wednesday: Chuck, Thursday: Lost, Friday: Lie to me, Saturday: Psych, Sunday is the Sabbath and I don't watch anything. Shows dropped from my life now: Office, House, Scrubs, Worst Week, and Life on Mars.
Through controlling these addictions I'm hoping to lighten my spirit, put more time and devotion into my personal spiritual growth, my family's, my visiting teaching, my calling in the Primary, and friends. Nobody has been getting the Kristie they deserve.
So there you have it, my full confession. Please feel free to check up on me at anytime - accountability is important, and I need the support of those who love me.

1 comment:

JoEllen said...

It's hard to be truly honest with ourselves and it looks like you're on your way to great improvement! I can't imagine you depressed, but it's good that you recognized it and are addressing the issues that lead to it. I wish I was around to walk with you more. I miss our walks! Keep posting about your goals and your progress. That will help keep the accountability at the forefront.

David

David
Real cool guy!

Tawnymara

Tawnymara
Here is beauty!

Harrison

Harrison
Hunky boy!

Eve

Eve
Green eyed goddess

Aurora

Aurora
Perfect in every way

Danielle

Danielle
Princess angel girl

Enoch

Enoch
Nobody is more loved