Sunday, December 21, 2008

oats -n- quiche

Bill had asked the kids to have the house Sabbath ready yesterday. He spent the entire day (from 8:00 am to 11:00pm) painting like a mad man - a very talented mad man:-) I woke at 5:00 am and went to the temple. The kids had until around 4:00pm with the house to them selves to accomplish the task given them. When I got home T, H, E, & A wanted to go see Twilight (again) so I allowed them. Little did I know about the instruction given them by their father...
The house was not Sabbath ready, it wasn't even biker bar ready! Bill decided that he would stay up and ready the home. I couldn't let him do it by himself, so I stayed up too. We finished cleaning, and making the Sacrament bread at 1:30 am. As Bill was working a scripture came to his mind:
D&C 42: 42

42 Thou shalt not be idle; for he that is idle shall not eat the bread nor wear the garments of the laborer.
So Sunday morning I got up and made a huge pot of oats. Bill puts signs with that scripture, and others pertaining to it all around the kitchen. The kids were instructed that the only food they could enjoy in our home would be the oats, no fresh made bread, no crispy bars, and no quiche.
I don't know if they totally understood this object lesson, but they did throw fits, especially about the quiche.

We did make it through the day though, we'll see how our home looks like next Sunday! To their credit, Danni and Enoch were well taken care of, I'm grateful for that much.

2 comments:

TheQueen@TerrorsInTiaras said...

Fabulous. You'll have to let us know how it turns out next week.

JoEllen said...

It is so hard to have to pass on quiche! Good object lesson though...I'm sure it wasn't totally wasted. :)

David

David
Real cool guy!

Tawnymara

Tawnymara
Here is beauty!

Harrison

Harrison
Hunky boy!

Eve

Eve
Green eyed goddess

Aurora

Aurora
Perfect in every way

Danielle

Danielle
Princess angel girl

Enoch

Enoch
Nobody is more loved