Friday, November 21, 2008

let it snow, let it snow, let it snow (please)



If you look closely at Danni's picture you'll see she has one boot and one shoe, and both her mittens are different colors. I wish I could say it's because she dresses herself, but that's about par in our home for finding matches. She didn't care though, she was happy to be out playing in the white stuff. It seemed like a soup day, so I whipped up a chowder that a friend recently asked for the recipe for and I remembered it warmly:-)
Our van just came back from the Dr.s, she seems to be parked there more an more lately. I have been dropping kids off at early morning seminary and working out at the YMCA from 6-7, it was not unusual to see me standing in front of the van, hood raised and jumper cables ready to attach to the nearest car. I am amazed at how many people passed me by. I've never thought of myself as helpless, but it seems like someone (out of the 6 or 7 men that passed me going into the 'Y') would ask if I needed help. I have always had to approach someone and ask for help. Hopefully I can be like normal people now and just get in and start her up!
Every year we buy each kid an ornament for Christmas. That way when they move out they have ornaments for their tree that have memories already attached. This year, since our finances are so tight, we're going to make them. We've found a couple of ideas, but if anybody has some to share...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Check the library to see if they have Pack-o-Fun magazine. Our library has this magazine and they have some pretty cool (sometimes too elaborate) ideas. Also, Family Fun magazine has a lot crafty stuff in it, too.

Jenny G said...

We could never afford ornaments growing up, but we would make new ones out of Salt Dough and pipe cleaners. I still have a few that my Mom let me keep.

Lindsay said...

Some homemade ornaments we had on our tree growing up include small felt mittens with a blanket stitch around the edge and toy soldier made from painted wooden clothespins (not the springy kind). Have fun making yours! I always like the homemade ornaments on our trees the best because the invoked the most memories.

Devri said...

i hsve no idea.. But I would love to see them when you are finished.

JoEllen said...

Michaels/or I guess that would be Hobby Lobby there, has cute ornaments you can paint. Little Sleds with pictures on the front and such.

I love this picture of Danni with the soup and I LOVE that soup. Thanks for the recipe.

Wendy said...

Ok...I need this soup recipe too! It looks delicious.

David

David
Real cool guy!

Tawnymara

Tawnymara
Here is beauty!

Harrison

Harrison
Hunky boy!

Eve

Eve
Green eyed goddess

Aurora

Aurora
Perfect in every way

Danielle

Danielle
Princess angel girl

Enoch

Enoch
Nobody is more loved