Sunday, September 7, 2008

caring is sharing

This has been a busy week, Tony, Wendy, and their two boys (Joseph and Phillip) are moving in next door today. Tony is Bill's brother, and their parents bought the house next door. They bought it for an incredibly low price, and there have been some repairs that had to have been made. Bill has spent every day for the past two weeks doing plumbing, construction (deconstruction in some cases), and putting in a hot water heater.
We're not sure what time they'll be pulling in, so last minute items have been a rush today. I even allowed my children to leave early from church to do some cleaning, I just want them to feel 'at home' as soon as they walk through the doors, even though it's old, almost empty, and still a little musty from dis-use. I have been on edge all week long, worry about them not feeling the way I feel about Muncie and the wonderful people and places around here.
I'm trying to have dinner ready for them in their kitchen so they can eat at their leaser and settle in. The twins made homemade tortillas and I have a chicken and rice filling, fruit salad, and apple cobbler (interesting recipe, it's sweetened with unsweetened pineapple juice...). I also wanted my house to be clean, but alas, I can't have everything.
It's also PIE Sunday, and interview time is growing short. It was so sweet when the three eldest children of ours expressed their concern over sharing PIE Sunday with Bill's brother and family moving in. It warmed my heart to see how much they look forward to those interviews, until they came clean and said they wanted to make sure I was planning on making enough pie... turds!
I have also gone too many nights with 5 hours of sleep. That may work for some of you insomniacs, but I need 10 to be healthy and happy, and can scrape by on 8, but these 5 hour nights are causing havoc with me. I feel like I'm walking around in a stupor (I have to say this because otherwise nobody will realize there's anything different about me). How bad would it be if I snuck up and napped right now instead of finishing my kitchen?

2 comments:

Devri said...

if you can put pacman on here you can put the award, go to the add a gadget, go to the code, right click, copy code, click on html/java in add a gadget, right click on the big box, click on paste, and hit save....

Go take a nap, I don't know much, but I do know a mother of 7 deserves a nap, once or twice in her life...

Wendy said...

I hope you got your nap! After your busy week, you deserve it!

David

David
Real cool guy!

Tawnymara

Tawnymara
Here is beauty!

Harrison

Harrison
Hunky boy!

Eve

Eve
Green eyed goddess

Aurora

Aurora
Perfect in every way

Danielle

Danielle
Princess angel girl

Enoch

Enoch
Nobody is more loved