Thursday, August 14, 2008

bathroom thinking

I have had the pleasure of cleaning the bathrooms while David's been in Texas (they're normally his job). I did some reflecting today as I was cleaning, maybe I'm sentimental because David returns tomorrow and he'll want his jobs back.


I wanted to share some things:


1st - I have a semi-healthy lifestyle and don't like to use cleaners with ammonia, bleach or any chemicals in them. I know, I know, how do I get anything clean? Well I usually don't. But then I discovered Mr baldy! I go through these like candy (which I still allow myself, thus the semi- healthy lifestyle). I could finally get allot of that gross stuff (technical term there) off the shower stall. Now for those who live close by, this does not mean I now have a clean home. For those that are further away, my home is spotless, just give me a 5-day heads up before you visit:)



2nd - When washing water splotches off of a wall where there is no water source close by it's best not to think about it too much and instead focus on a vacation in Italy, or what you'll write in your next blog.



3rd - It doesn't matter how simple you make it, nobody replaces the toilet paper. I bought a free standing toilet paper holder akin to this pictured here, except instead of spare rolls at the bottom there's a magazine holder, which is really funny because I put church mags and Discover in there and Danni came out with a Discover magazine the other day, she had been looking at pictures of penguins on the pot, I just thought that was cute - but I digress.... where was I? Oh yeah, so how hard is it to slip a roll on this baby?


4th - And this is just a weird thing about me, but I will often go to the bathroom, even if I don't have to, right after I clean because I know I'll be sitting on a clean seat at least once that week.

3 comments:

Gillian said...

I love magic erasers! My main use for them lately is cleaning crayon off of the tile. I make mine last longer by cutting small pieces off that way I don't get the whole sponge wet.

Wendy said...

I love magic erasers too. They work miracles.

JoEllen said...

I love that Little Sal loves to clean the bathroom. He loves to scrub the toilet and sometimes I'll find him midprocess without any prompting from me. I only hope his love for a clean bathroom lasts through the splotches-on-the-wall phase!

David

David
Real cool guy!

Tawnymara

Tawnymara
Here is beauty!

Harrison

Harrison
Hunky boy!

Eve

Eve
Green eyed goddess

Aurora

Aurora
Perfect in every way

Danielle

Danielle
Princess angel girl

Enoch

Enoch
Nobody is more loved