Monday, May 5, 2008

19 years later...

Nineteen years ago today Bill and I knelt across the alter of the Denver Temple and committed to an eternity together. This puts us into our twentieth year of marriage. I used to think in terms of how awesome it is in this world to remain married, I think that comes from being a child of divorced parents. After a certain amount of time I think the divorce rate falls and death takes over. At the risk of sounding a bit morbid - from here our earthly marriage is not threatened as much by divorce as it is from death. I'm not worried, just cognisant of a new mile-stone. We're hoping to celebrate the weekend after Bill gets back form Colorado.
I am feeling just a little off kilter because Saturday David and the twins left. David is now in Texas earning the funds for his mission, the twins are staying at my mom's for the month. So 3 bodies are missing all at once from our home. I'm not adjusting very well. It is nice having food around a little longer, and messes are smaller and easier to manage. Danni is having withdraws as well. She cried on the phone to Aurora last night saying that she doesn't like her out there and needs her back here so she doesn't have to sleep alone. The only way we could settle her down is by promising a visit to her cousins when we pick up the twins.
I feel so complete when all my children are home and asleep (can you tell they're mostly home at night?) safe in their beds. I think these next few years may be more difficult than I gave them credit for!

4 comments:

Lindsay said...

Happy Anniversary!

Kristin said...

Congratulations on 20 years! It is nice to have everyone at home, safe and sound. Hang in there!

Wendy said...

Happy Anniversary!

JoEllen said...

Congrats on the anniversary! I have only left Little Sal for one night of his life. I left him with his daddy while i went camping with the women of my ward in Texas. It was weird. I wanted to be home with him and KNOW that he was safe in his bed. I ma just starting my family, and can't even imagine having my kids leave?! Yikes! You'll survive. You and Bill are such great friends, you'll continue to entertain and love each other long after Enoch has left the building. :)

PS Those brownies look excellent! You'd have to do a lot of walking to truly enjoy such a fine dessert!

David

David
Real cool guy!

Tawnymara

Tawnymara
Here is beauty!

Harrison

Harrison
Hunky boy!

Eve

Eve
Green eyed goddess

Aurora

Aurora
Perfect in every way

Danielle

Danielle
Princess angel girl

Enoch

Enoch
Nobody is more loved